RECENT UPDATES (as of 23 April 2017)
1. ONLINE REGISTRATION IS OPEN.
2 Saturday Morning: Arlington Cemetery Wreath-laying. It keeps getting bigger and better. It looks like we will have more bagpipes to support us, as well as national media coverage.
Main Departure Point: American Legion Post 177 at 1100 hrs on Sat, 27 May.
Rally Point: Parking Lot on Southgate Rd, near ANC. at noon on Sat, 27 May. See below diagram. This rally point is for those riders who prefer to meet us near ANC. You must be escorted in with us. Click here for map.
3. Saturday afternoong: BAND & BARBECUE: Check out the band that we'll have playing at Post 177 Saturday afternoon and evening, from 4:00 pm to 7:00 pm. It is a great band called The Classic Spotlight Band. Here is their FB site, if you want to check them out! Enjoy the barbecue and the music!!
4. Sunday morning: Run To The Thunder. We are going to participate in "The Ride of the Patriots" event on Sunday morning, on our way to the Pentagon parking lot. We have to leave Post 177 earlier (0630 - see agenda), but it provides us the following safety and patriotic benefits:
- An escorted ride all the way to the Pentagon North Parking lot (I-66 will be shut down.)
- The opportunity to experience the patriotic ceremonies at Patriot Harley-Davidson.
- An opportunity to experience the Fairfax community parade (lots of people.)
- An excellent staging location in Pentagon North Parking lot.
- The ability to stay together as the ALR. The Patriot HD HOG organizers have worked out a way for us to stay and ride together.
- The opportunity to expose many more thousands of bikers and onlookers to the American Legion Riders!
THE AMERICAN LEGION RIDERS
RUN TO THE THUNDER 2017