RECENT UPDATES (as of 20 May 2017)
IMPORTANT UPDATE !
If you plan to join us for the Arlington Cemetery (ANC) Wreath Laying, you must complete a background check form in advance. (Riders and Passengers)
You can access the form HERE:
Complete the form, print it out, sign it, scan it, and email back to our Head Road Captain, who is the point of contact for Fort Myer.
We don't want to put his email on the web site, but if you shoot us an email at ALR[at]post177.org we'll send you his email. Note: [at]=@
This process is to permit the American Legion Riders to march from the Fort Myer back gate of ANC into Arlington and to the wreath laying site. We know this is an additional burden, but the security posture of Ft. Myer has changed since last year.
If you choose NOT to fill out a form and still want to join us, you can do so by entering ANC via the normal Visitor Entrance, and either walking (courageous) or taking the shuttle up to Arlington House, where the Civil War Unknowns Memorial is located (the site of our ceremony.) Just allow yourself enough time to get up there by 1300 hrs.
RECENT UPDATES (as of 23 April 2017)
1. ONLINE REGISTRATION IS OPEN.
2 Saturday Morning: Arlington Cemetery Wreath-laying. It keeps getting bigger and better. It looks like we will have more bagpipes to support us, as well as national media coverage.
Main Departure Point: American Legion Post 177 at 1100 hrs on Sat, 27 May.
Rally Point: Parking Lot on Southgate Rd, near ANC. at noon on Sat, 27 May. See below diagram. This rally point is for those riders who prefer to meet us near ANC. You must be escorted in with us. Click here for map.
3. Saturday afternoong: BAND & BARBECUE: Check out the band that we'll have playing at Post 177 Saturday afternoon and evening, from 4:00 pm to 7:00 pm. It is a great band called The Classic Spotlight Band. Here is their FB site, if you want to check them out! Enjoy the barbecue and the music!!
4. Sunday morning: Run To The Thunder. We are going to participate in "The Ride of the Patriots" event on Sunday morning, on our way to the Pentagon parking lot. We have to leave Post 177 earlier (0630 - see agenda), but it provides us the following safety and patriotic benefits:
- An escorted ride all the way to the Pentagon North Parking lot (I-66 will be shut down.)
- The opportunity to experience the patriotic ceremonies at Patriot Harley-Davidson.
- An opportunity to experience the Fairfax community parade (lots of people.)
- An excellent staging location in Pentagon North Parking lot.
- The ability to stay together as the ALR. The Patriot HD HOG organizers have worked out a way for us to stay and ride together.
- The opportunity to expose many more thousands of bikers and onlookers to the American Legion Riders!
THE AMERICAN LEGION RIDERS
RUN TO THE THUNDER 2017